The Union Elementary School District is committed to providing a quality educational experience for all students. Our Student Support Services team is devoted to providing our parents with helpful resources that focus on special education, 504 services, Child Find, and Extended School Year (ESY). We encourage you to check back often for updates.
Child Find is a component of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)that requires districts to locate, identify, and evaluate all children with disabilities, aged 2.9 through 21, who are in need of special education services.
Parents of preschool aged students, age 2.9-5 years, can answer the following questions to determine if their child may have special needs.
Does my child:
- Have trouble seeing people and objects?
- Have trouble hearing voices and other sounds, or remain unusually quiet for long periods of time?
- Have difficulty talking and pronouncing words properly?
- Move about with difficulty when crawling, walking, or running?
- Learn slowly and have difficulty understanding?
- Have trouble playing with other children or getting along with adults?
- Have other special health problems?
If you answered "yes" to one or more of these questions, call Union Student Support Services at (623) 478-5017 and ask for more information about Child Find.